Unison – Ambient & Downtempo (MIDI Kit)
Ambient is a catch-all term for any kind of music wherein the atmosphere is more important than any specific element.
This can be achieved in many ways, though it is often done through the use of large reverbs and delay, soft or muted timbres, pad-style synths, and subtle textures that evolve over time.
Anything that adds to the expansive, spacious—even meditative—quality of the music is favoured.
Suspended triads are very common, both sus2 and sus4 types.
Extended chords that use the 9th and 11th degrees are very common. In particular, add9 chords and add11 (AKA add4) chords are favoured.
Major chords with the #11th degree can be used to great effect.
Depending on the other degrees involved, the #11th produces a mysterious, sometimes ‘edgy’ quality.
The open-ended, undefined nature of these chords make them great choices for ambient music.
We’ve included them all for you in the Unison Ambient & Downtempo MIDI Chord Collection
You can use the Unison MIDI Chord Collection with…
- Chords to create the structure and foundation for your tracks.
- Pads to add movement and complexity to the rest of your composition.
- Basslines to define a new level of refinement to your bass progressions.
- Leads to hit all the right notes and emotional tones.
- Arpeggios to brighten up the song and add those extra finishing touches.
On top of that, the Unison MIDI Chord Collection will help you…
- Eliminate the need to spend years learning music theory by having all the chords & progressions you need.
- Have an instant, perfect-sounding foundation for your tracks to start & finish them quickly.
- Get instant inspiration from the new chords & progressions available to you.
- Go beyond basic chords with complex chords & progressions so your music can stand out.
- Skyrocket your progress as a producer by finishing more tracks than ever.
Plus, as a special bonus you also get a walkthrough PDF to show you how to best use the pack and how to write melodies on top of the chords & progressions.