Capsun Pro Audio – Cassette Keys – Vintage Pianos & Lofi Synths (Sound Kit)
Cassette Keys: Vintage Pianos & Lofi Synths is an exploration into refined live recording of classic instruments fused with contemporary sampling and sound design techniques. Discover over 400 keys loops and one shots including classic lofi synths, clean hifi pianos, 100s of complex rolled chords, resampled dusty Rhodes and rich Hammond organs. Built to evoke hip-hop and trap sonics but with the character to inspire any genre.
Instruments include a vintage Steinway grand piano, baby grand and 1890’s upright piano, the full spectrum of Fender Rhodes models, original Hammond Organ amped through a Leslie cabinet and classic Wurlitzer electric piano. The synth lineup includes some of our personal favourites – Juno 106, Moog SubPhatty, Jupiter 8, DX7 and on the lofi end the Yamaha Portasound VSS-480 and PSS-480!
We recorded and engineered professional session musicians at some of London’s best studios and live spaces including The Pool Recording Studio, Livingston Studio 1, Dock Street Studio and the CPA London Studio. We made full use of vintage, high-end and unique instruments, microphones, preamps and outboard gear.
At the CPA studio we curated the most interesting and inspiring performances from the sessions and mixed the clean audio to taste. We then went to work re-sampling through our collection of various vintage tape formats including original Revox reel-to-reel, Tascam Portastudio, 8-Track, modified cassette recorders and Walkmans and even a 1980s Fisher Price toy cassette recorder!
Finally the audio was resampled again, effected, pitched and chopped with a selection of boutique fx pedals, hardware saturation and digital emulations creating a wide range of tones, textures and nostalgic sonic character. All 100% royalty free, high quality inspiration ready to drop into your DAW or sampler of choice.
- 24bit Wav Quality
- Compatible with all DAWs and samplers
- 1.32 GB
- 100% royalty free
High-end recorded live Pianos & Keys including:
- 21 piano loops including Steinway grand piano, a Feurich Model 122 Upright Piano and a 1923 Bluthner upright
- 42 Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer piano loops
- 13 Hammond organ loops, recorded through a Leslie 147 Speaker Cabinet
- 24 classic hardware synths including Juno 106, Moog SubPhatty, Jupiter 8, DX7, Yamaha Portasound VSS-480 and PSS-480
High-end hardware signal chain for recording including:
- Mics: Neuman U87, Coles 4038 Ribbon Mic, Senheiser MKH40, Neuman KM84, Neuman U67, Neuman U47 Fet, Earthworks SR30, DPA 4011, Neumann KM 184 and Shure sm57
- Pre-Amps: Chandler Limited TG2 EMI Special Edition, Neve 1079, Neve 1272, API 3124, Heritage Audio ’73 JR 500, API 512c, Tefunken v76, GML 8302
- Compressors & EQ: TG1 EMI Chandler compressor, Universal Audio 1176 Silverface, GML 8200 Parametric EQ
Lofi & Resampled melodic loops & one shots including:
- 26 Cassette Loops
- 15 Lofi FM Keys
- 20 Lofi Pianos
- 10 Lofi Synths
- 27 Resampled Pianos & Keys
- 9 Vintage Pianos
- 21 Vintage Rhodes Mark II
Lofi and Resampled effects including:
- Tape machines: Revox B77 MKII, Tascam PortaStudio 424 MKIII, Sharp Solid State Stereo 8-track Recorder, General Electric 3-5195A 1980 Modified Cassette Recorder with halftime Pitch & Time, Sony TCM 353V Cassette-Corder Variable Speed Control
- Digital Effects: Elektron Analog Heat, Zoom 9120 Advanced Sound Environment Processor
- Boutique Effects Pedals: Fairfield Shallow Water K-Field Modulator Pedal, Hungry Robot The Wardenclyffe, The Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl MKII, Strymon Deco, Mooer Pitch Box
Drum & Perc Foley One-Shots & Loops including:
- 41 uniquely recorded and sound-designed drum one-shots created by experimental recording of live vintage pianos
- 11 Foley Drum Loops
- 8 Percussion Loops
- 17 Filtered Percussion Loops
Textures & FX including:
- 21 recorded Foley FX of hardware tape machines
- 10 Tape textures
- 4 Ambient textures